Sunday, July 25, 2010

My backyard is a zoo!

We had a wild night in the backyard. It all began with this guy:


You see the snake? I know, he disguises himself amongst all those hoses. That is not what I was expecting to find when I went to reach in and turn on the sprinklers. I found him about a week ago. After screaming, dropping the lid on, and running, I somehow blocked him out of my mind. A week later Matt goes back to find a much skinnier snake who had been locked in. Apparently, not long enough. He still moves. My brother in law has convinced me that he is just a gardner snake and that there is absolutely no way he can eat Boss.


They released him back into the back yard. EEK! He's probably sleeping under my window as we speak. After dealing with Lucifer we moved to the deck where we were enjoying the fireflies and sweating a bit. I look up to see what looks like a hawk, eagle, flying dinosaur? Matt informed me it was an owl. Anyway, about two seconds after gawking at the bird we were ambushed. Yes, shratnel was pounding our deck. POOP EVERYWHERE. It looked like a flock of one hundred geese came by. This poor bird has issues. It covered the deck. Keep in mind our deck is approximatley fifteen feet long.



It missed me only by inches. Hear this Pooping Owl and Lucifer: My backyard is for wrinkled dogs (Boss), bunnies, and cute birds that flutter and sing. If I see you back here again I'm going to have Mema visit with her pellet gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment