Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Please mom...with sugar on top???



How many of you have that ornate fixture in your bedroom that will always prompt visitors comments? Perhaps, it's an awesome wedding picture of you and your husband. Maybe a great painting you found at a thrift store. Mine...my wedding dress...hanging on my closet. The same place it has been located for the last year. My pastor spoke on the sluggard the other day. I thought to myself "I'm not a sluggard, I go go go." Then he went on to explain that you may not be a sluggard but definatley sluggish if: YOU PROCRASTINATE. So my search began for all the things I've meant to get completed, started, or in this case put away. There it hung, a shining beacon for all sluggards, dirty and wrinkled, just the way I left it. Have you ever noticed that when you are procastinating on one particular thing you complete a number of other things while trying to avoid it. Like tests? I could never just study...dishes, laundry, washing the dog, whatever it may be, always took precedence. I've decided I need my "shining beacon." I may get nothing else done without it. So, there it hangs. Until mom reads this and takes it off my hands. I hope!

5 comments:

  1. what? that dress hasnt been hanging there so you and matt can look upon it and remember how beautiful you were in it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara! I didn't even know you had a blog. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you guys now! Congrats on the new house adventure, I can't wait to see the final product. Have a great weekend!
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i snuck mine into the closet in the back room of mom and dad's about a month ago....until then it laid in the bottom of my closet floor..as least your's is hung up

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't realize that it says that i removed a post instead of just deleting it....that's worse than leaving the post up.

    ReplyDelete