Sunday, December 5, 2010

Walking Trail

I'm so excited about our new walking trail that is going in at school. I wrote a grant for $10,000 hoping to recieve enough to build a walking trail around the Parson Hills playground. We got it! Within weeks the city was out blazing the trail. We won't get asphalt until spring but the progress is so exciting. My school is located in the middle of a high poverty area in Springdale. Most of the families and students use our playground as their park and recreational area. I'm hoping it will help aide in our efforts to engage the parents and commumity in our school!




2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! great job kara :) you make a difference wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't tell me you were doing that! how exciting! It took them no time to get started!

    ReplyDelete