Thursday, April 29, 2010

OKC Marathon!!

This past weekend Matt and I, along with the rest of the Hartness family, made the trek to OKC for the annual Festival of Arts and Memorial Marathon. "A walk to remember" if you will. We started the long leg west on I-40 Friday night. Saturday we spent the day making rounds at the Arts Festival. Nothing better than Strawberry Crepes, Gyros, Old Ladies Tap dancing, Classical Guitarist, crowds, gardens, and art that is too expensive to buy.
Early is an understatement. We woke up at 4:45 to rush to the finish line. We should have left earlier. We underestimated 24,000 people. Marathon day has beat out the first day of fall as my new favorite day of the year. Easy for me to say, I'm watching from the sidelines. There's something about the excitement in the air, the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, the shot gun start, the memorial against the rising sun, the one-legged inspirations that cross the finish line. And my husband of course.26.2 miles in 4 hours and 19 min. Not so bad since he hadn't trained over 13 miles. HAPPY MEMORIAL MARATHON!


No comments:

Post a Comment